here’s a running list of a few of my favorite phrases & what they have taught me thus far in life.
some are well known, some are from the mouths of friends or family & some are some ella mcfarland originals.
I guess, I am a mom now so I better start a collection of my favorite life advice? anywho.
- everything happens for a reason - so basic ik…..but one I always come back multiple times in my life to when I need to simply let go and accept that whatever happened is out of my control & there is truly a reason behind everything that happens to me even if I can’t understand it in the present moment.
- offer it up - life can be shitty sometimes. days can be shitty sometimes. when it’s one of the moments or days instead of dwelling or complaining try and offer it up because someone out there probably has it worse than you.
- this too shall pass - HUGE one for me during my unmedicated labor with my son. every discomfort, pain, hardship in life is temporary. Whether it’s a hard minute to a hard season it will pass & something awesome will take it’s place with time.
- nothing new under the sun - I remember when I first found out about real evil in the world. Being sheltered most of my life and then having my eyes ripped wide open during covid after discovering about the big military industrial complex, the big complex, the world economic forum, the great reset, etc. made me very depressed. It wasn’t until coming back to this phrase that I was able to find some relief. Just because we may have created the illusion of progress or civilization does mean that the basic battle of good v evil that has existed since the beginning of time doesn't exist. In fact, just the opposite it is a battle that is alive and for whatever reason I found comfort in that knowledge.
- same people. different time - kinda the same exact message as the one above just a different way of phrasing it idk.
- your 20s are for fighting for the life you wish to have for your 30’s, 40’s, 50’s & onward my friend - I feel like I am in this right now. Every moment, decision, investment, choice is gearing me up for the life I will create for future me. It’s a reminder to stay focus on the big picture & not get so boggled down in the details. To dream big but also get super practical.
- your 20’s are also for being uncomfortable - it’s the time to take risks, experiment, take the cheap red eye flight, drive on the crazy road trip, work the late hours on your dream project, met your soulmate, the list goes on. You will never be this young or have this much energy again so make the most of it!
- you can only control in the inputs not the outcome of something - all you can control is you, your actions, your decisions. you can’t control anything else in the world. So focus on you and doing the best you can do, not the final outcome.
- forgiveness is NOT the same thing as reconciliation - forgive everyone who wrongs you but only some are deserving of reconciliation. it's on you to decide if it's worth trying to reconciled the relationship with the one's who has wronged ya & it's on them to do the work to earn back your trust in the relationship.
to be continued......