here’s a running list of a few of my favorite phrases & what they have taught me thus far in life.
some are well known, some are from the mouths of friends or family & some are some ella mcfarland originals.
I guess, I am a mom now so I better start a collection of my favorite life advice? anywho.
- everything happens for a reason - so basic ik…..but one I always come back multiple times in my life to when I need to simply let go and accept that whatever happened is out of my control & there is truly a reason behind everything that happens to me even if I can’t understand it in the present moment.
- offer it up - life can be shitty sometimes. days can be shitty sometimes. when it’s one of the moments or days instead of dwelling or complaining try and offer it up because someone out there probably has it worse than you.
- this too shall pass - HUGE one for me during my unmedicated labor with my son. every discomfort, pain, hardship in life is temporary. Whether it’s a hard minute to a hard season it will pass & something awesome will take it’s place with time.
- nothing new under the sun - I remember when I first found out about real evil in the world. Being sheltered most of my life and then having my eyes ripped wide open during covid after discovering about the big military industrial complex, the big complex, the world economic forum, the great reset, etc. made me very depressed. It wasn’t until coming back to this phrase that I was able to find some relief. Just because we may have created the illusion of progress or civilization does mean that the basic battle of good v evil that has existed since the beginning of time doesn't exist. In fact, just the opposite it is a battle that is alive and for whatever reason I found comfort in that knowledge.
- same people. different time - kinda the same exact message as the one above just a different way of phrasing it idk.
- your 20s are for fighting for the life you wish to have for your 30’s, 40’s, 50’s & onward my friend - I feel like I am in this right now. Every moment, decision, investment, choice is gearing me up for the life I will create for future me. It’s a reminder to stay focus on the big picture & not get so boggled down in the details. To dream big but also get super practical.
- your 20’s are also for being uncomfortable - it’s the time to take risks, experiment, take the cheap red eye flight, drive on the crazy road trip, work the late hours on your dream project, met your soulmate, the list goes on. You will never be this young or have this much energy again so make the most of it!
- you can only control in the inputs not the outcome of something - all you can control is you, your actions, your decisions. you can’t control anything else in the world. So focus on you and doing the best you can do, not the final outcome.
- forgiveness is NOT the same thing as reconciliation - forgive everyone who wrongs you but only some are deserving of reconciliation. it's on you to decide if it's worth trying to reconciled the relationship with the one's who has wronged ya & it's on them to do the work to earn back your trust in the relationship.
- be undeniable in everything you do - now, this doesn't mean be perfect. no one is perfect & no one will ever be perfect. what this means is be undeniably the best you can be at what you do. whether it's being a good mom or good businessman or good husband or wife, the list goes on. let the fruits of your work be undeniable good to those around you so you never have to convince people with your words how your a good "fill in the blank".
- don't have a scarcity mindset - when you have a mindset of abundance over scarcity it always pays itself forward in the long run and it makes you feel light and free in the long run. tip the valet that $5 bill, cover your friend's coffee once in a while and say don't worry about, take the extra 10 minutes to help your mom out with setting the table without her asking., congratulate your friend for his / her new promotion instead of being withholding because your secretly jealous.
- be in the world not of it -
- a sinner can become a saint and a saint can become a sinner -
- no decision is a decision -
- you gotta spend some money to make some money -
- there's a difference between good debt & bad debt -
to be continued......